For a comprehensive calendar of fungal courses and conferences please visit our sister site Aspergillus & Aspergillosis.
Better Methods for Clinical Studies in Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology: An ESCMID Hands-on Workshop. 7-9 Nov. Seville, Spain. Website.
Antimicrobial Stewardship Research Workshop. 14-15 Nov. Maryland, USA. Website.
Fungal Pathogen Genomics. 7-12 May 2019 (application deadline 7 Feb). Cambridge, UK. Website.
Online courses and MOOCs
Expert presentations on 'Evolving Strategies to Optimise Treatment of Patients with Invasive Mould Infections' and 'Invasive Mould Infections: The Case for Early Diagnosis' can be found here
Challenges in Antibiotic Resistance: Point Prevalence Surveys (BSAC, via FutureLearn)
Antimicrobial Stewardship: Managing Antibiotic Resistance (University of Dundee, via FutureLearn)
The New Antifungal Toolkit: The Pharmacopeia and Beyond is an Internet CME curriculum that will provide current information about new FDA-approved agents/formulations for the management of invasive fungal infections (IFIs) and evaluate the role of these newer options in strategies to optimize antifungal therapy. As such, the activity will move beyond the typical drug pharmacopeia to address dosing in special populations (eg, pediatrics, patients with renal insufficiency, specific host types), health economic data, as well as comparative effectiveness, where appropriate. The activity will also include a broader pharmacopeia of all FDA-approved agents for invasive mycoses as a useful point of comparison as well as a practice reference. Two updates cover additional FDA approvals and keep the learner up to date as research data for newer agents mature and clinical experience grow. More information
Free online learning opportunity (CME module): Fungal pulmonary infections: pulmonary aspergillosis in non-hematological patients.
Mechanisms in Fungal Infections - From the science to the Clinical Setting (E-learning course) — E-learning resource with CME content developed by expert multidisciplinary specialists. Designed for oncologists, hematologists, and infectious disease specialists who treat patient groups at risk from developing fungal infections More information
The Antifungal Toolkit: The Pharmacopeia and Beyond (University of Nebraska, via Fungus CME)
Antifungal Drugs for Onychomycosis: Efficacy, Safety, and Mechanisms of Action (Global Academy for Medical Education)
Physical treatment plus antifungal best for chromoblastomycosis, review finds (Global Academy for Medical Education)
- 14th Fungal Update. 15-16 March. London, UK.
- Histoplasmosis in the Americas and the Caribbean, 2nd Meeting. 22-24 March. Manaus, Brazil
- Fungal Pathogen Genomics workshop. 7-12 May. Cambridge, UK
- China-Netherlands course in medical mycology. 18-26 May. Suzhou, China. Email: email@example.com
- 2nd Antifungal Drug Discovery symposium. 9-10 May. Duke University, Durham, USA
- FEBS advanced lecture course on Human Fungal Pathogens. 18-24 May. La Colle sur Loup, France.
- AIDS-related mycoses July 2019. Cape Town, South Africa.
- MOMY: current approaches to fungal pathogenesis. 17 Jul - 2 Aug. MBL, USA. REGISTRATION DEADLINE FRI 29 MARCH.
- 53rd Scientific Conference of the German-speaking Mycological Society (DMykG). 5-7 Sep.Mannheim, Germany
- Trends in Medical Mycology (TIMM). 11-14 Oct. Nice, France
- 9th Advances Against Aspergillus and Mucormycosis (AAA) 27-29 Feb 2020. Lugano, Switzerland.